Arbutus technology is easy to implement and deploy, giving organizations flexibility in how they provide access to their legacy data, whether it's on the mainframe, AS/400, or Windows.
Arbutus technology includes three key components:
- Arbutus Analyzer administrative and query client
- Arbutus LegacyLink™ client
- Arbutus Servers (for Windows, Mainframe, and AS/400)
These three components work together to provide a single, unified, 'real-time' view of data, regardless of platform or source. Each component installs easily, and even the installation of the Mainframe Server requires only minimal IT support. No additional components or infrastructure are required, whether from Arbutus or others, even when your needs involve.
Our Products - Greater Than the Sum of Their Parts
Arbutus Technology Components
Arbutus Analyzer is a Windows-based audit, data analysis, and conversion tool that is used to access and analyze data, and is used to create data definitions utilized throughout the Arbutus product suite. Analyzer is also a full-featured query and analysis tool, providing a wide variety of audit reporting and analysis capabilities.
Arbutus LegacyLink™ provides any Windows application, including end-user, server, or web service, seamless access to any server data. Because the ODBC standard is used, this data is also fully compatible with other data interfaces, such as OLE/DB, JDBC, or .NET.
Arbutus Servers provide data access and application processing support for both LegacyLink™ and Analyzer.
- Arbutus Windows Server provides direct access to SQL Server, Oracle, and DB2, in addition to being fully compatible with all legacy data types. It can be used as an application server or to stage data for off-loading resource demands
- Arbutus Mainframe (zSeries) Server provides access to virtually all mainframe data sources, and allows the transparent joining of data from disparate sources
- Arbutus AS/400 (iSeries) Server provides access to DB2, IFS, flat, and spool files, and allows the transparent joining of data from disparate sources
Advanced Capabilities of Arbutus Technology
Arbutus technology is easy to implement and deploy, giving organizations flexibility in how they provide access to their legacy data, whether it's on the mainframe (zSeries, MVS), AS/400 (iSeries), or Windows. Below are some of the many ways Arbutus makes data access and manipulation faster, easier, and more economical than other solutions on the market.